Welcome to the NTET
National Traction Engine Trust
The National Traction Engine Trust (NTET) represents owners and enthusiasts alike and is pleased to be regarded as the World’s Premier Steam Traction Preservation Organisation.
Steam Apprentice Club
The junior section of the NTET.
Dedicated to encouraging and supporting young people under the age of 21 with an interest in steam.
Membership of the NTET gives you exclusive discounts on products and services
- Save £100 on our Driver Training Courses
- Receive FREE postage when ordering items via our Shop
- 10% off miniature parts and accessories, steam experience days and 7.5% off the Mamod range at Berrybrook Steam & Classics
- 15% off boiler gaskets and door seals from SealExco
- 10% Off Heritage Paints
- 15% off Vehicle Advertising Services from Legacy Vehicles Ltd
- 5% off Mamod Special Editions from ProMod Ltd
- Discount for new Vintage Spirit Subscribers
- New Comprehensive Home and Vehicle insurance scheme from One Broker
- More coming soon!
The family of the late John Cook, who was a great servant of the Trust, presented a cup in his memory to be awarded in a photographic competition. The rules […]
The DVSA has recently issued new guidance on “Securing loads on HGVs and goods vehicles”. This will affect many engine owners and crews who transport their engines on HGVs and […]
Following on from our update on Friday 7th July where we shared that we had been made aware that the representatives involved in the appeal process for the Ffos-y-fran coal […]
Owners & Drivers
The interests of Engine Owners and Engine Drivers are looked after by the Engine Owners Section of which the majority of members are engine owners and engine drivers. By pooling their combined experience and skills this section is dedicated to promoting the safe ownership and operation of steam traction engines.
Rallies & Organisers
The interests of Rally organsiers are looked after by the Rally Organisers & Authorisation Section. The Rally Organsier’s code of practice and annual conferences provide advice on the running of events, and the NTET rally authorisation scheme ensures participating events are operated safely in accordance with relevant legislation.
Winners of the 2023 Photographic Competition
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA